Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Nametags and Nametents and Icebreaker Games

Unless you're in elementary school (though I do know of some teachers who do these things) you have probably been forced to play a bingo icebreaker game or make a nametag for your class on the first day of school.

Really.

Bingo games are worse, in my opinion, because they just take place during class and require you to socialize. But my teacher's rules make it even worse. We were forced to shake hands (but nobody really did it... oops) and say some cheesy lines like "Hi, I'm (insert name here), and I'd like to get to know you better" and "Well it was nice reconnecting with you, (insert name here)!"

Oh man. That was a long period even for a Wednesday schedule.

Now come nametags. I think I only have two classes making me do these things, but they're pretty fun in my opinion. But that same teacher who made up all those crazy rules for icebreaker bingo also has requirements for our nametags. We have to include 4 different things from a sheet onto a little tiny piece of paper. Ugh. But I still like drawing and art and stuff so it is all okay. :P

I'll post a picture when I finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment